Join Our Team
STEM Engineering Group Incorporated is a progressive consulting firm offering project management and engineering services to Municipal, Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional clients throughout Northern Ontario and Michigan.
If you are interested in joining our team, please drop off a resume at our office, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently seeking highly motivated candidates to fill the following positions:
STEM Engineering Group is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to manage and lead its Municipal and Site Development Engineering work group in Sault Ste. Marie, ON.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads municipal and site development workgroup.
- Plans, organizes, and takes responsibility for the design, drafting, and contract administration of multiple municipal and private land development projects.
- Prepares proposals for new work and actively works at business development for municipal and land development projects.
- Prepares technical reports and studies for various engineering projects and reviews reports prepared by colleagues.
- Performs quality control and assurance for all engineering work done by workgroup.
- Provides technical directions and supervision for workgroup in conformance to all applicable municipal, provincial, and national standards.
- Licensed with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) with membership in good standing.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in municipal engineering and site development projects.
- Ability to supervise, train, and mentor intermediate engineers and technologists.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven success in managing municipal infrastructure projects and private development projects.
- In depth knowledge of engineering and construction principles related to municipal infrastructure projects (roads, water, sewer, and stormwater management improvements).
- In depth knowledge of environmental permitting and approvals such as Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Environmental Compliance Approvals, and Municipal Engineers Association Class Environmental Assessment.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Civil 3D, and SWMM 5 Stormwater Modeling would be an asset.
- Outgoing personality and community involvement would be assets.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing the job title in the subject line on or before July 6, 2017. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Full-time permanent Salary position
Salary Range - (based on skills and experience)
Health Benefit Plan and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
Select the link below to view more information about our team