Join Our Team
STEM Engineering Group Incorporated is a multi-disciplined, progressive consulting firm, offering project management and engineering services to Municipal, Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional clients throughout Northern Ontario.
If you are interested in joining our team, please drop off a resume at our office, or email us at email@example.com.
We are currently seeking highly motivated candidates to fill the following positions:
Senior Civil Engineer
STEM Engineering Group is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to manage and lead its Municipal and Site Development Engineering work group in Sault Ste. Marie, ON.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads municipal and site development workgroup.
- Plans, organizes, and takes responsibility for the design, drafting, and contract administration of multiple municipal and private land development projects.
- Prepares proposals for new work and actively works at business development for municipal and land development projects.
- Prepares technical reports and studies for various engineering projects and reviews reports prepared by colleagues.
- Performs quality control and assurance for all engineering work done by workgroup.
- Provides technical directions and supervision for workgroup in conformance to all applicable municipal, provincial, and national standards.
- Licensed with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) with membership in good standing.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in municipal engineering and site development projects.
- Ability to supervise, train, and mentor intermediate engineers and technologists.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven success in managing municipal infrastructure projects and private development projects.
- In depth knowledge of engineering and construction principles related to municipal infrastructure projects (roads, water, sewer, and stormwater management improvements).
- In depth knowledge of environmental permitting and approvals such as Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Environmental Compliance Approvals, and Municipal Engineers Association Class Environmental Assessment.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Civil 3D, and SWMM 5 Stormwater Modeling would be an asset.
- Outgoing personality and community involvement would be assets.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Full-time permanent Salary position
Salary Range - (based on skills and experience)
Health Benefit Plan and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
Senior Structural Engineering Technologist/Designer
Candidates should have experience utilizing basic structural engineering principles, drafting standards, and be proficient with AutoCAD/AUTODESK software. The available position is in the structural group and responsibilities include performing preliminary designs and producing construction drawings for a variety of structural projects.
- Work with a team of project managers, engineers, and technologists
- Perform structural site investigations and surveys
- Develop structural concept reports, condition reports, and construction budgets
- Provide feedback on structural designs for building systems and implement design on drawings and specifications
- Coordinate with industry, other disciplines, and clients
- Represent the structural portion of a project during the contract administration stage: carry out shop drawing reviews, prepare site instructions and CCNs, review progress draws, etc.
- Perform site inspections and prepare field observation reports
- Set up AutoCAD drawings as per the company’s standard
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings from sketches, mark-ups and/or design
- Upon completion, verify CAD drawings against such sketches to ensure accuracy of work
- Manage project tasks within assigned time and budget constraints
- Ability to complete projects independently when required
- Maintain familiarity with current techniques, codes, and standards to sustain and improve technical skills
- Assist in researching new systems, resources, analytical processes, procedures and working practices to identify and implement changes to increase efficiency, productivity and overall profitability
- College diploma in Civil/Structural Technology with a focus on Structural or other equivalent training.
- 5 years or more of relevant experience in conception and CAD design.
- Valid Drivers License
- Knowledge of OBC and NBCC.
- Building science knowledge would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-paced team environment, dealing with multiple projects and clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong desire for advancement and professional development
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong AutoCAD experience and capability
- Demonstrated experience working with other consultants and contractors, and coordination of significant projects
Resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Department;
Thank you to all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates shortlisted for the position will be contacted.
Select the link below to view more information about our team